An email campaign is a marketing technique in which an entity sends promotional emails to potential customers who have previously provided their consent.
It is a highly personalised form of marketing that relies on the use of customer data and between the advertisers and recipients, rather than mass advertising. An email campaign can be set-up using mailing lists that are created with specific targeting criteria—typically including one or more demographic groups. That way, only people who are most likely to respond will be contacted—a time-saving feature for companies looking to market themselves.
Email campaign has numerous benefits which include;
1. Save time and money. This is whereby the marketers saves the cost of developing a direct marketing campaign; production, printing and postage.
2. Increase visibility. Since an email campaign can be distributed over large areas, it is extremely visible on the internet; and it can be tracked for analysis purposes.
3. Easy to update and expand. Email campaigns are easy to change or expand at any time with little cost involved.
4. Boost sales channels. This increases brand awareness among potential customers, therefore creating new sales channels for your product or service to sell through via online retail stores such as amazon, ebay etc..
5. Increase conversion rates. Since the campaign is personalized to each person who receives it, response rates are higher than other type of campaigns.
6. Set up and manage quickly. With most ads you have to pay for by the number of people that see your ad, but with an email campaign you can track those that have opened your mailer which makes it easy to respond and make changes at a later date without paying for a new mailing list or a mailing list of your own creation.
Learn Best email marketing service today