College life is the best period in personal life when most people obtain vital skills, acquire knowledge, decide on a career path, meet new friends, or even find a soulmate. Students spend a considerable amount of time in college: attend lectures, learn subjects, write an academic paper, work on projects, etc.
Today, spending an hour isn’t enough to complete homework assignments, so most children are pressed for time to spend it with friends and family. They can’t keep a study-life balance, thus making many students lack the motivation to do their homework. In summary, it seems to be a closed circle: Procrastinating on assignments, spend a lot of time to get ready for homework and do it on a good time.
The following list summarizes the tips and tricks for doing homework:
- Choose your perfect schedule to complete your tasks on time without procrastinating, you need to find a homework schedule that works best for you.
- Organize your workplace, it’s important to know how to organize your workplace with ease. First, you need to find a comfortable table, chair, and lamp. Secondly, keeping your workplace decluttered is a must, therefore you need to have several bookshelves and drawers where you can put your work stuff. With love for books, you can organize a cool place where you can read or revise materials
- Collaborate with groupmates, its worth noting teamwork is an important element of the education process. Since all people have different skills and passions, working together with your groupmates can be a good way to understand the subject better, improve skills, or do your homework.
- Finding a mentor, since students have a question about personal, social, and academic issues. Sometimes it’s hard to find the right way to achieve these goals, therefore finding a mentor can be a good opportunity to improve your college experience and get advice on your career opportunities.
- Set a goal for the Homework can feel like a chore, unless you set achievable academic goals that motivate you to study hard. According to psychologists, goal setting gives you focus, helps to measure success, keeps you undistracted, and helps to overcome procrastination. In other words, having a goal gives you motivation. After all, nobody wants to spend college days on homework.
- Apply for a scholarship if you want to know how to get motivated to do homework, applying for a scholarship in most colleges and universities attracts a pool of interested, talented and skilled students, thus they are ready to pay a scholarship if you study well. When it comes to doing your homework, think about applying for a scholarship as it can motivate you for studies.
- Asking parents for help for most students is necessitated by a lack of understanding and poor organization skills. When students don’t know how to do their assignments, procrastination occurs. Thus, asking parents for help can be a good solution as they can give tips on how to get motivated to do homework: They establish a homework space, provide guidance, and share their knowledge and tips.
- Taking a regular break during doing homework. Since most students want to get good grades, they study hard and therefore they spend a considerable amount of time on homework assignments. As a result, children can’t keep a study-life balance, so they are prone to burnout, stress, and headaches. These factors negatively affect their academic performance and make them procrastinate on doing homework. Having regular breaks is a proven way to stay focused, organized, and motivated. Most scientists claim that having a 10-minutes break every hour is a proven way to maximize your performance.
- Listen to Student TED Talks will also help students to know how to get motivated to do homework, pay attention to TedEd, a global network of over 250,000 teachers who support learning and provide students all over the world with actionable tips and tricks on the educational process. The idea of Ted Talks isn’t new: The network has gained in popularity over the last few years. Students of all ages listen to these materials to get inspired and motivated, so it may help every learner who needs assistance in doing homework.
- Eat healthy products It’s no secret that academic performance depends on mental and physical health. If students are healthy, their brains work better which means they need less time and effort to finish an assignment. Thus, it’s important to eat healthy products that boost brainpower. To make the most out of your snacks, find products that give you energy and motivation – fresh fruits, nuts, dark chocolate, etc.
- Find a hobby you love Every person is an individual creature who has his or her passions and preferences. Most people have favourite hobbies that encourage them to do assignments faster. When you have a hobby you love, you’re ready to spend up to 7 days a week on it. But if you’re a responsible student, you know the importance of studying hard, so you can’t afford to pursue your hobbies unless your homework preparation is finished. Find a hobby you love, and you will find the motivation to do your assignments on a high level fast.
- Reward yourself If you want to achieve academic success, it’s more likely you put so much pressure on yourself. Although it helps to succeed, it’s also important to remember to reward yourself after accomplishment to stay healthy and motivated. No matter how you want to reward yourself, whether you want to get an additional day off, visit an exhibition, or buy a new gadget, it’s important to find something that motivates you to dive into the educational process without tears.
- Draw inspiration from social media Today, an average social media user spends 153 minutes a day online. From reading the news to communicating with friends and family, there are many reasons why social media platforms are gaining in popularity. What is more, modern students create groups where they share their thoughts and ideas on how to make the learning process easier. In other words, social networks are a great way to communicate with other learners, get actionable tips and tricks, and be inspired for the educational process. Thus, it’s important to join social media groups that motivate you.
In conclusion motivation is the impulse that helps people complete any task and achieve goals, therefore it plays a key role in learning. It drives the process, so that students spend less time working on their tasks and therefore they can keep a balance which means being happy. When you are motivated for doing homework, you get the following advantages:
- Save time on learning out-of-class
- Understand the subject better
- Obtain knowledge faster